The Tapa congregation was the first Methodist congregation on the mainland of Estonia. It was founded by brother Karl Kuum on 15 July 1912. Worship services were first held in his house at 9 Pärna Street. Soon more space was needed and in 1923 the construction of a new church building was started. It was completed with the help of the first superintendent for Estonia George A. Simons and consecrated by him on 17 August 1924. The first pastor in the new church was Aleksander Kuum who had returned from the Preachers Seminary in Germany. Until present day the Tapa congregation has had 18 pastors, Endel Rang served the church for the longest period (1973–2001).

Pastors:

  1. Karl Kuum 1912–1921
  2. Johannes P. Karlson 1921–1924
  3. Hans Söte 1924–1925
  4. Aleksander Kuum 1924–1926
  5. Martin Krüger 1926–1930
  6. Jaan Puskay 1930
  7. Oskar Põld 1930–1931
  8. Eduard Valdmann 1931–1932
  9. Voldemar Ojasson 1932–1936
  10. Hendrik Ruus 1936–1939
  11. Jaan Puskay 1939–1958
  12. Endel Lepik 1958–1960
  13. Rikhold Klaas 1960–1968
  14. Martin Kuigre 1968–1973
  15. Jaan Puskay 1968–1973
  16. Martin Säägi (pastors dep.) 1968–1969
  17. Endel Rang 1973–2001
  18. Joel Rang since 2001